About Debug Symbols (dSYMs)
- TestFairy can show you crash reports to help you identify the place in the code that is causing a problem.
- TestFairy requires your app's debug symbols (dSYMs) to clearly show you the names of the methods in your code.
- DSYM files are created by Xcode when you build your app. There are a couple of ways to upload them to TestFairy (see below).
Setup your environment to upload DSYMs automatically
- We recommended uploading dSYMs straight from Xcode: Upload DSYMs from Xcode.
- If you build with Jenkins follow these instructions: Upload DSYMs form Jenkins.
- If you are using Xamarin: There are also specific instructions for Xamarin
- If you are not using Xcode: Use a dSYM upload script.
Handling missing DSYMs
If you see a message in TestFairy about missing DSYMs or if you've published your app to the AppStore with Bitcode enabled, follow these instructions to locate and upload DSYMs: Handling Missing dSYMs